Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D61EX-12, Your thoughts????

MUDGRIP ยท 2015-02-24 19:12

Hey guys, I have been looking to get into a cab dozer and out of my orops Case 1150G. I found a Komatsu 2000ish D61EX on a neighbors ranch, and he said he would sell it for what he has in it. He thinks @$40,000. He has a big roller chopper and wants @ 200 hp. The D61EX has a ripper, 90% UC, a/c works. Overall pretty clean. Only bad I found is ripper pins are a little worn and tilt cyl is leaking. Finals were rebuilt @ 500 hrs ago as well as all hyd lines replaced. Dozer starts and runs great. Sounds good and spins the tracks easily when pushing a big load. From the looks of it I guessed maybe 6-7k hrs. Meter shows 11000 hrs. Your thoughts? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Dickjr.2015-02-24 20:24

    40 grand for an 11000 hr machine sounds a little steep. If your serious , have a dealer come out and do an evaluation of it. If you picked it up right and had to spend some money on it that wouldn't be too bad. By right I mean mid 20s.

  2. #2MUDGRIP2015-02-24 21:06

    I may look into that. Thanks

  3. #3MUDGRIP2015-02-24 21:27

    Does anyone know anything about this model of machine? Pros or cons?