what can it be??
Your title reminds me of a Men at Work song and it won’t leave my head. Does it smell like raw diesel and falls to the ground, or is it sweet like coolant and disappearing like a steam cloud? Is it using coolant? Who can it be knocking at my door? Go 'way, don't come 'round here no more Can't you see that it's late at night? I'm very tired and I'm not feeling right All I wish is to be alone Stay away, don't you invade my home Best off if you hang outside Don't come in, I'll only run and hide.
it gives me an error code l03 ca2249
Rail pressure low. Hmmm,… raw fuel blowing out the stack,…. You have a stuck nozzle or a tip blown off. That nozzle is now dumping raw fuel, like a pressure washer, flame cutting a hole in your piston. Better shut her down before things get expensive. Probably, too late. Damn.
I 2nd coal dust... if it is indeed excess fuel being dumped because of bad injector you don't wanna keep running it... it can score your cylinder wall or put a hole in your piston... It should be easy to tell by smell alone, if it smells sweet like coolant then it's a blown head gasket, cracked head or so on.. If it smells like diesel it's a bad/broken injector or injector cup.. Smoke looks like raw diesel smoke
Is it puffing or straight full blown cloud? It’s difficult to tell from that pic. The only other thing that may cause that is loss of boost pressure from the turbo. Check your turbo and boost hoses and clamps before tearing the engine apart…..just in case.
Is that engine oil in the DPF?
I have also removed the dpf and it still emits the same smoke and along with oils I can't tell if it is oil or diesel
I have also removed the dpf and it still emits the same smoke and along with oils I can't tell if it is oil or diesel
I guess it could be both. The bad nozzle torched a piston.
what work is this doing? Komatsu Closed Crankcase Ventilation (KCCV)
Purpose of KCCV is to remove oil mist from crankcase gases before the crankcase gas reenters the engine intake.
There's a chance that's what's causing the problem
This is normal
With out knowing how many hours on the filter, yes and no. But i think the oil in filter is a symptom not the cause. my guess is that what is in the DPF is raw fuel mixed with soot rather then engine oil. Do these engines have a exhaust fuel injector to regenerate DPF? Could be that stuck open. Is the engine running rough/missing? Is there blow by from the oil filler cap or breather? Does the smoke burn your eyes? My money is on stuck open injector.
how can i detect if it is the injector
is there any guide to locate where it is and how to remove it
Unfortunately you cant just crack a injector line like the old days. Im not schooled on komatsu but most likely you will be able to do a cylinder cut out test with a laptop or diagnostic tool. If you dont have access to tool, the cylinder in question will be wet with fuel. Most likely it will dribble out of exhaust manifold. The others will be dry. Pull injectors and inspect for damage or get tested by specialists.
please tell us, what does the smoke smell like? Does it burn your nose and eyes or smell sweet?
how can i send a video here
Youtube and link
I hope the videos help
Sounds like cylinder no.1 injector failure.
Also sounds like a rod bearing or lifter /pushrod/rocker tap
People here trying to help. We can not be there so you need to help us, to help you. You need to answer the question, what does the smoke smell like? Fuel or antifreeze?
If u keep running it like THAT.. you won’t have to worry about it for very long..
What Cliffy said, the fueling command does not change when injector #1 is cut out
what I have noticed is that when the engine is active, diesel comes out of the exhaust
Good evening to you. I have good news regarding my issue. i have removed 1 turbo to go to the specialist as a result he can't give me good information if it is broken yes or no. 2 today I have removed all the in injector and as a result I see enough clean diesel in chamber 6. I have placed a small camera in each chamber, everything is clean and only chamber 6 is full of diesel. it can also have a liter of diesel in it
Make sure u have the tip/nozzle gaskets on all your injectors and spin the engine WITHOUT the injectors, to get the fuel out of the cylinders.. Then get the injectors checked..
The fuel coming out of #6 is going to make a mess so have a rag or towel close to the hole..NOT close enough to get sucked in tho..
that's what I've done so far. once you fix the injectors I'll take a look again. Thank you
Kudo's to Michael for answering the questions asked and providing video's to show what he's talking about. It's very refreshing when a poster can elaborate on the issue they're having.
necessarily, we have to wait until Monday for the workshop to open so I can get the injectors. here in Cyprus everything is closed due to holidays