Im getting ready to tear into a D65-8, where the steering cluthes keep filling with oil. Obviously there is a seal somewhere leaking, but before I just start tearing things down, I was wondering if anyone had ever had the same problem and knew off of the top of their head where to pin point it, so I dont waste a bunch of time chasing snakes. Thanks!
Well the steering case has oil in it so what is the issue exactly, the oil fill level plug is on the rear case above the drawbar, there is also the Final Drive oil fill plugs close to. tctractors
The steering box is filling up with oil and overflowing and filling up the skids plates with oil.
If the steering case is filling up what compartment is going low? it might be nothing wrong with the steering case. tctractors
Sorry, I should have said that. It is hydraulic fluid. And like you said, Im not sure if anything is wrong with the steering box. Im just trying to get an idea of where it is filling up from.
My guess that the hydraulic pump input shaft seal is letting the oil into the transmission,remove the pump and change the seal. HT
The Hydraulic pump is the culprit as Hitrack has posted, this is leaking into your Transmission so you might need to swap out the oil in this compartment after the pump detail is sorted, the pump is spinning gears with nasty to get to flange clamps, the pump will most probably need stripping and checking as it might be more than a new seal needed,take care with the re-fitting of the pipe clamps as its easy to cross tread the bolts. tctractors
Thanks guys. You were right. Looks like the input seal. Got it tore down now.
I'm having this same problem with my d65-e6. Steering clutch oil is over filling it's self with oil. Would this be the same for it as well hydraulic pump input shaft seal?
Which oil level is going down? On some machiens even final drive oil can migrate to steering clutch compartments.
The machine doesn't get used much. The only thing I have noticed getting a little low is the left hand side final drive.