Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D65 Transmission Help.

mbcc · 2011-11-30 04:58

I have Komatsu D65 PX 12 dozer s/n 60364 with broken transmission. Original Transmission is 14Z-15-00011 Can anyone share info : 1. Is it possible to fit Transmission from other models like D65 E8 (144-15-00019) or similar? 2. Will 14x-15-00010 fit this dozer without any problems? Thanks in advance.

Replies1
  1. #1tctractors2011-11-30 15:39

    The D65E-8 is a total different style transmission, so scrub that line of thought, the dash 12 transmissions are o.k. upto around the 12'000 hr mark, then its a big coin thing to get them sorted, all you need is the F/Drives to keep over filling with oil from the trans, to collect a bill well over £12'000 in HSS pumps bearings seals and shafts, I avoid the repair of these transmissions, as the bill puts them realy outside economical repair, as its hard to know at what point you stop rebuilding, plus the cost and avaliability of Komatsu parts, is beyond most owners pockets and interest, best thing is part it out in big lumps, this is just my thoughts as one local hire Co to me has 1 with over 17'000 hrs up on the clock, but this tractor has had every care taken of it, but its the only 1 that I know of to manage this clock reading without the big calvedown. well I am the only 1 as yet to answer??? best of luck tctractors