I just got a great deal(so I thought) on a 2003 D65EX-12. Machine was a one owner/ one operator in excellent condition with just under 17000hrs. I was leafing through the extensive service history, and noticed a recent service call about transmission shifting. Apparently the service tech did a system check and found modulation pressure low in second range(2nd gear). It also said that the transmission would need to be removed for repair. Before purchase we checked and i swear it had all 3 gears, but I guess I was mistaken. Anyway, we got it home, and there's definitely no second gear. When you put the selector in 2nd, it tries, but immediately slips. The machine works like a champ in 1st and 3rd. So now the questions I assume rebuilding/replacing the transmission would be prohibitively expensive. What causes a transmission to lose modulation pressure? It still works beautifully in 1st/3rd. Can I continue to use the machine in 1st/3rd?or will this 2nd gear modulation issue eventually damage 1st and 3rd? I guess what im asking is: Can I use it as is without hurting it further? Should I fix it? or send it to auction while it still moves? If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance
No replies yet.