Bought a nice little Komatsu dozer today. Can anyone tell me what year it might be its in nice shape, cant get a picture to post. Its a D21-P Serial #50407 Anyone got a ny idea?
Nobody got any ideas on how I can find out what year this is?
My guess would be late 80's early 90
Are you sure that's the machine serial number? I'm not finding that number in my books. Is there a dash number on it? Like D21p-5 or -6? The -6s were from the '90s, and it's not one of those, the shape of the sides is wrong for that. Just looking at it, it's either new or old, because it's not like the ones I'm familiar with. could it be only 6-7 years old?
D21P-5 but no dash number on the serial number.
ok, looks like Shimmy was closer than me, probably mid '80s. When I get back to the shop I'll look up exactly what years they made the -5s. I have one more book that may have that exact serial number.
Thanks I havnt been able to find much info about it.
Mitch 504 anything? Thanks
She is a 1980 model according to my serial number guide book..