Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu excavator identification help

OL2STROKER · 2021-03-10 08:21

Hey guys I just dragged home this midi excavator for my buddy. He was told its a 99 Komatsu pc50 when he bought it but the serial number tag is missing and we cant find any other info. Its powered by a 4cylinder isuzu diesel 4j engine. We need to order parts so i can get it fixed up for him but can't do anything without identifying it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies14
  1. #1John C.2021-03-10 10:37

    You likely won't find much and I would be surprised is a dealer would even talk to you about it. It screams gray market and it would be the first Komatsu I've seen with an Isuzu engine ever. In that size they were usually a Komatsu engine or a Yanmar. Good Luck

  2. #2LACHAU2021-03-11 10:53

    Yes, You are right, John C. The KOMATSU mini excavator has never been fitted with an ISUZU engine. I think this machine has been modified, replaced with a different engine rather than the original engine of the manufacturer. Based on the pictures "OL2STROKER" posted, Model of this machine is the PC50MR-2.

  3. #3OL2STROKER2021-03-16 16:20

    Update. I did find some numbers on the undercarriage/frame of the machine. The numbers are 3HTY414K and they are stamped on the drivers side peice of frame that the blade pins to. Can anyone help with identification? We have an upper and a lower roller out at the local Komatsu shop and they aren't having much luck matching them up.

  4. #4OL2STROKER2021-03-16 17:40

    Update... we have identified this machine as a Hitachi EX-45 Don't suppose any of yall have a service/parts manual?

  5. #5Tones2021-03-16 20:49

    A very misrepresented sale me thinks.

  6. #6LACHAU2021-03-17 00:17

    Dishonest sales. I really gave up on this kind of business!

  7. #7LACHAU2021-03-17 00:18
  8. #8LACHAU2021-03-17 00:37

    EX45 workshop manual is here. https://www.mediafire.com/file/ybiqmyra08r02tl/EX45+Workshop+Manual.pdf/file

  9. #9OL2STROKER2021-03-17 17:03

    Thank you sir!!!!! And yes VERY misrepresented sale. I just don't operate like that, life's too short.

  10. #10OL2STROKER2021-03-17 17:08

    I don't suppose you have any idea where i can find a parts manual? I'm looking for some bottom rollers and a top roller. This machine is metal tracked. I've come up with 9106671 for the lower rollers and 6056116 for the upper. The lower roller is puzzling because there are 2 numbers 9106671 and 9106672. I think one is for rubber tracks and one for metal and i'd like to make sure i have it right before i order. Thanks again!!!

  11. #11Tones2021-03-17 18:33

    If you measure the diameter and width of the rollers and get the bolt pattern you may have more of a chance. In many instances manufacturers of different brands could use the the same rollers.

  12. #12Joe T WV2024-08-19 10:59

    I’m buying a Komatsu excavator PC200LC-6LE. serial/pin A85412. Called local equipment dealer and he could find it or year. I’m thinking this is 2001 or 2002 machine, but a little worried a dealer can’t figure it out, especially when I need parts, filters, etc. I have an 2002 case cx160 and don’t have that issue with the case dealer. Also, saw on another string that some Komatsu’s have and orange-Kawasaki pump vs gray-Komatsu pump. - the one I’m buying is gray, so is that the better pump?

  13. #13Deere500a2024-08-19 17:11

    Joe be aware Asian gray market machine con brought over here paint em fake North American colors to sell. I would call another dealer see what they can find on VIN number

  14. #14Joe T WV2024-08-19 18:58

    Good point. Thanks! The plate and paint looks original, but just never know. and just strange the dealer couldn’t figure out the year.