Komatsu again scored a pioneer in the field of transition to new energy. They are ready to launch an all-electric 20-ton medium-duty excavator called the PC210LCE-11 . However, it seems that this all-electric excavator will be prioritized for the European and US markets. There have been some leaked images showing that Komatsu is providing training on this PC210LCE-11 excavator to their dealers in the two markets mentioned above. In its policy of finding new markets for electric excavators, Komatsu plans to rent equipment for customers to try, feel and, more importantly, give feedback to help Komatsu become more and more perfect their product. Komatsu seeking to create market for electric equipment Manufacturer ready to launch new 20-tonne class electric excavators with lithium-ion batteries www.agg-net.com
Got a few customers with the hybrid system, they're very happy with them.
Proterra is currently filing for bankruptcy protection. The city here has 60 Proterra electric buses that are basically useless. They have a claim for $1.2 million against Proterra. Parts are in limbo due to the chapter 11 filing.
I used to do repairs; even modified Komatsu hybrid excavators. Reality shows that hybrid excavators are very efficient, they are very fuel-efficient. Unfortunately, customers in Vietnam are very afraid of using hybrid excavators. So the price of used hybrid machines in Vietnam is very cheap.
These are some photos of Komatsu hybrid excavator HB215 supercapacitor.
The latest information is that Proterra has been acquired by 3 companies: Volvo group, Phoenix Motor, Inc. and CSI group. Volvo Group buys bankrupt Proterra; Volvo Penta providing EV charging BESS Volvo has acquired the US lithium-ion battery company Proterra out of bankruptcy, and a subsidiary has launched EV charging BESS solutions. www.energy-storage.news Proterra Announces Results Of Chapter 11 Sale Of The Proterra Transit And Energy Business Lines | Proterra BURLINGAME, Calif., – Proterra Inc (OTC: PTRAQ) (“Proterra” or the “Company”), a leading innovator in commercial vehicle electrification technology, today www.proterra.com
sear sir i have komatsu pc 30 MR -1 hydraulic probulam over heating pump load if ucan send sam infomation please
as usual @LACHAU very informative posts. I did not know a hybrid excavator was out there, thank you.
Pfft....Big Muski was all electric. Built in 1969, no inverters or computers were used. My father wound the armature coils for the motors.
Big Muskie wasn't self contained. It used enough power to supply a good size city.
An E-Xcavator!
Perhaps Komatsu and I did not use appropriate words, causing misunderstandings!! To be exact, Komatsu and I have to say this is a machine that uses the power of a rechargeable battery pack = Battery electric excavator. But electric excavators have actually been around for a long time; most of them work in mines and mineral extraction. They use 3-phase AC power from the grid system and the capacity of these machines is extremely large. Their electric motor is a 3-phase AC asynchronous induction motor and when working, the electric motor only operates at one speed; The speed is constant, so there is no need to use an inverter.
I'm so glad I'm near ending my career in this business. I would be absolutely lost if I had to do much of anything on one of those electrically. You guys have fun with that! LOL
....And those wheels under that Komatsu mining truck ? Big muski and others ran d.c. motors fed from MG sets. The controls back then were SCR choppers varying the field current on the MG sets.
I always wondered how the old gang felt when the transition happened from horses and steam tech into the gas and diesel era, and they were retired out and the old skills with them. Now I suspect that I won't have to wonder much longer. Going to need some re-training before poking around on that 210E