Does anyone know anything about where and how to trouble shoot the high speed tram on a Komatsu PC-160LC-7. The indication comes on the console when the button is pushed but it never goes into high speed. I checked all my fuses and they are all good and I don’t know where to even look now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
John C to the courtesy Phone.
By "Tram" I take it that you mean travel? Do you have a three speed unit or a two speed unit? Do you have any alarms or codes showing up on the monitor panel? Do you know how to access the diagnostic menu in the monitor panel? What have you checked so far? Do you know if you have a Komatsu engine or a Komatsu / Cummins clone engine? Check the obvious, cheap and easy stuff first. Air filter plugging, fuel filters and fuel/water separator if the machine has one. If the engine has a hand priming pump for the fuel system check the fuel strainer in the banjo bolt in the suction side piping on that pump.
Just a random thought but can you lift up one track and get it to travel in high? That might eliminate one aspect of failure.
I don’t have any codes, the machine works great no loss of power just won’t go i to high speed travel. Its a two speed machine. I’ll try the one track test. Thanks
It sounds like an electrical issue. The machine uses a solenoid to sent oil down to both travel motors to to shift the swash plate for high speed travel. You should be able to follow one of the small hoses off the swivel back to the solenoid valve. You can check for voltage getting to the valve there.
Good day The dash 6 I believe will change the speed to low switched by the pump controller below 1500 rpm, if the pump controller is in order that comes down to the coil. Not sure if that is the same for dash 7. Kind regards Uffex
The auto shift functions are handled by pressure switches at the inlets to the main control valves
The one track test didn’t work. Still no high speed. I can’t find the solenoid that everyone is talking about.
I am still trying to figure this one out. Does anyone know what circuit or relay controls the travel speed on this machine?