Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu hydraulic problem

Westleigh ยท 2015-02-25 07:18

Hi guys , I have a komatsu PC 30 Mr-1( the all yellow one) Approx 3500 hours. Currently it has been having some issues . After operating for 20-30 min at either high or low revs and under load or no load when operating through a full cycle of hydraulics the engine is Stalling . Starts straight away and does the same thing almost straight away when put under the same conditions . If you wiggle the joysticks prior to the engine stalling it will regain revs . It idles fine otherwise . I have it at a workshop at the moment and the mechanic has isolated it to either the flow sensor valve or a weak pump . Without the flow gauges he can't diagnose it properly .Wondering if anyone has had similar problems ? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1DK882015-02-25 19:57

    id be checking fuel and air system first...

  2. #2John C.2015-02-25 21:04

    A weak pump will not cause the engine to stall out. Check the easy stuff first. Fuel strainer & filter, fuel transfer pump, air filters and such. As I recall the Dash 1 machines had gear pumps but I could be wrong. I don't remember there ever being a "flow sensor valve" in a Dash 1. Maybe a few photos would jog some memories.