Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu part price

Bala ยท 2011-09-20 15:29

Our PC300 has blown out one exhaust manifold gasket, price from Komatsu in PNG K2554 ea, thats over $1000 each, no wonder they dont have any in stock. I have asked for a price check but the nil stock Ex Japan is still a pain. Max

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2011-09-20 22:27

    Now you should be able to check if you engine is a Cummins clone or the Komatsu engine. Manifold gaskets should be the same for the Cummins and the price makes worth the time to check. As I recall the Cummins model is a 6CT. Good Luck!

  2. #2Toyboy3b2011-09-21 04:38

    Can you post the serial number and model of your machine and engine, I may be able to help you out.

  3. #3Bala2011-09-21 05:45

    PC300LC-8 J30073 Eng SAA6D114E-3 Serial: 26855163 I will see if Cummins PNG have them in stock if so, and they are a bit cheaper!! I will get them on spec. It had another fail to start last night. It has been turned off for a few hours. I ent out this morning, it failed to start, disconnected the fuel pump actuator and it started fine, ran it for 5 minutes, turned off, reconnected and it still would not start, disconnected and ran for another 10min, reconnected and it started and has run fine all day. All good when its warm. cheers Max

  4. #4Toyboy3b2011-09-22 06:33

    OK, The part number your after is 6745-11-5811, they should cost $29.71 each and most branches in Australia stock them. there is a Parts and service news relating to them, basically there is an update to the gasket, because of this you can't put one new type gasket in the same manifold as the old type gasket, you will have to replace all six gaskets. If you can call 1300KOMATSU (sorry it's an Australian number, i realise that may be a problem for you) I'm quite sure they will put you through to a branch that can sell you the gaskets and them post them to you. As for cummins parts, the days of being able to exchange cummins and komatsu engine parts are long gone, the 6D114 is a relative of cummins ISB but they only share a common development cycle, the designing and manufacturing are done seperately so there is very little in common. As for your starting issue, if you PM me an email address I can send you the trouble shooting guides that should help you track down the issue.

  5. #5Bala2011-09-22 07:30

    The part no i ordered looks like the old one, 5810 i will order the 5811 and see how I go Pm sent. I know it will go when i unplug the wire, and after it warms up it will go again with it plugged back in, i just dont know if how to FIX it. I believe its getting worse. The actuator/solenoid is not shown as a separate part, I have komatsu chasing that at the moment. It could be the actuator or the signal to it All good fun Max