Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Pc 210 lc

mikey531 ยท 2011-08-26 04:57

I just a got a fine for no steps on the tracks from MSHA. I said it never had them I am not sure of the year. Do all excavators have steps?

Replies8
  1. #1John C.2011-08-26 19:45

    There are usually steps at each corner or directly under where the cab would be if turned there. I make new ones out of bar stock and weld them on.

  2. #2mikey5312011-08-26 20:16

    I never thought of using round stock maybe re-bar? I wonder if that would be acceptable? Thanks!

  3. #3King7Two2011-08-27 00:19

    Was it manufactured with them?........ If it passed without them, the fine is BS.

  4. #4MrKomatsu2011-08-27 18:16

    msha has been really cracking down on these kind of things i have worked for Komatsu for many yrs...and yes the steps are part of origainal equip.

  5. #5hootsmcgoots2011-08-29 08:49

    Unless I'm mistaken, then a PC210 is a grey market machine that wasn't intended for use in the US. I've seen a lot of them come without steps, seatbelts, and even handrails on PC800+. I've always remade them from 3x1/2" flatbar. I'm sure google or this forum can give you an example of what they're supposed to look like.

  6. #6King7Two2011-08-30 20:47

    That would explain a lot actually.

  7. #7Logman2011-08-31 00:03

    Look at the serial number. If it starts with "A", then it was built for the US market. If not, it is grey market.

  8. #8JOBISO2011-08-31 08:33

    May be if you can help. What types of steps are these?