Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC 210 LC 8 Changing passcode and getting KOMTRAX

tharindudimi ยท 2021-05-07 15:20

Hi, we have a excavator brought from an auction. I want to change the passcode of the excavator and to login to the komtrax system. However no information on this regard was given to me. However there is a barcode with a KOMTRAX sticker on the left side of the pilot seat. Kindly advice as to what to do. I live in Sri Lanka and no dealers seem to know about this KOMTRAX system. please help, thanks

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2021-05-08 11:45

    You are going to have to see if the Komtrax unit is installed in the machine. There should be a short whip antenna on the top of the cab. The cable on the inside will lead you to the box that is usually mounted behind the operator seat. I don't know much about the system other than you have to have a dealer set it up with the manufacturer. If you have it, they will have to get it to make connection with the people that handle the system.

  2. #2tharindudimi2021-05-09 09:46

    Hi I have a Komtrax barcode sticker and yes an antennae and everything , if you could lead me to the people that handle the system ,, and email address or something that d be great. And the fact that is near the operator seat is good info so i can further investigate. The system recognizes longitude and latitude of satellites as well its operational, but getting in to the komtrax portal is the problem... Further more to change the code is this system mandatory or is there another way? Thank you for your reply

  3. #3davecampbell2021-05-31 22:04

    I call my local dealer and they set it up for me and add it to MYKOMATSU, dont know what you have to do for Sri Lanka