Hey all, I broke a fan belt on our old PC 220-5 yesterday, needless to say in 42C heat she didnt stay happy for very long after that. I dont think any damage has been done but I dont know the number of the belt. Before I start the sometimes painful struggle with Komatsu parts, I was wondering if anyone knew the part number or better yet the old school belt measurements for this part. If you could put them up theat would be great. Thanks serial number 37876 if that helps. Steve
http://komatsupartsbook.com/ According to Kommie the part number is 04120-21750 I believe that translates to a 17mm wide belt of 1,270mm pitch length but no promises?
well from what I have found your book is pretty well on the money, I managed to decipher the part number of the shredded one, it turned out to be a Dayco belt 15A1270 which is a 15mm wide 1270mm long one. Maybe I should have got a 17A1270 from the sounds of your book. Steve
It will probably work, might get more life out of a wider one if the pulleys are wider than 15mm at the top?
I dont know how long the previous one had been on there for but if it was a narrower section belt than is recommended I cant imagine it helping the life span much, oh well I'll find out this afternoon. Its a lovely day for changing fan belts.....its only 40C thanks for your help Steve
LOL, when it's hot weather it's all turbos and rad hoses, when it's cold and knee deep in mud, it's travel motor hoses to the bottom of the rotary swivel! Good luck, Lanway
Its back together and running good now, belt replaced and cooling system drained, flushed and refilled with new coolant. The bloody aircon mounting bracket on this one (I'm not sure its standard) is a right b*****d to get to with the spanners to loosen the belt and almost as bad to tighten up again. Anyway I'm glad to see it running again.
Good job!