Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC 220LC-5

AlMichalak ยท 2018-06-16 13:50

Having a problem with swing (locked) and auto decelerator not working. Control panel selection of power levels and drive levels are not responding either. Machine runs and drives but loosing power when extending the hoe. Hydraulic fluid level is fine. Any ideas ?

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2018-06-16 22:43

    Your machine has a simple electronic diagnostic system which will display fault codes when something goes wrong electrically. I have a video that shows how it works. The machine I show is a PC300-5 but the electrical systems are all nearly the same on Dash 5 excavators. The link is below. Let us know what you find and we can hopefully send you down the right path.

  2. #2dozr2018-07-02 13:24

    i have a dash 5 200 lc top control has no codes like not geting power but lower one does what it does machine will not swing or rev up fuse 8 and 9 has fire both sides dont know where to look next thanks for help

  3. #3John C.2018-07-03 19:04

    It sounds like you have a diode shorted through or burned out. There are ten or twelve of them. They are under the right side panel. I used to pull the seat, frame and all and roll it onto the kick window and travel pedals. Remove the side panels and you will see in various places little blocks usually blue in color or black. They will be taped to the wiring harness. You should also check all the fuses. I think number one from the front side of the machine feeds the pump control computer. There is another also but I don't recall the number. Maybe just makes sure they are all good. To test the diodes use a multimeter on the ohms setting. Remove each diode that you find and touch the leads to the pegs in the end of the diode. You will get continuity one way and not the other. Sometimes they short through and you get continuity both ways and all kinds of weird things can happen. The other failure is no continuity and you get what you describe now. I'll have to find my old book and do some studying to get you any further.

  4. #4dozr2018-07-05 07:21

    thank you for the help did not know about diode will check that will let know what the outcome is

  5. #5janderson2026-01-03 15:08

    I have a PC220LC-5 machine will idle but not getting power to controller's. Also not getting power to monitor and no throttle response at dial. I'm getting power to all fuses. Any help would be greatly appreciated.