Hello! The joysticks on my PC-40 refuse to work (other circuits such as the blade and tracks are okay). The PPC lock circuit is a bit messed up. First off, the seat was replaced and the whole electrical box containing the safety switch is sort of hanging there (It has been like this for years without a problem). If I understand correctly, when energized,the solenoid under the floor CUTS out the hydraulic flow to the joystick. So disconnecting it altogether should let the joystick works but alas, that is not the case. Further, ther is a double wire going to the left console. These wire were cut, there is annd never was any switch of any kind on that side. BUT, there is power to one of these wier when the ignition is on (but not when the engine is running) and closing the circuit lets me hear a small click coming from the solenoid. I gather that this is another safety feature (that was disconnected) that prevents the operation of the joysticks when starting the engine. Anyway, if disconnecting the solenoid does not restore the joysticks, I am right to conclude that the problem is mechanical or rather hydraulic? (that is no or insufficient pressure in the control circuit). I dont have the metric adapter to plug in a pressure meter to see what kind of pressure is in the circuit. Any suggestion?
When you powered the pilot disconnect solenoid what happens