Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC02 excavator

tuney443 ยท 2013-09-08 12:16

Anybody know anything and everything about an older PC02 excavator? Really referring to the size of this ''little ''beast.The owner appears to be one of the good ol boys who can't understand what I'm getting at when I'm asking about size even though I have seen his pics,but with no reference to compare it to.Insists he pulls it fine with his ol 350 Ford dump. Yeah,that helps. Anywaaaay--it is a yellow rig with blue bottom border,older looking rig,I think early 80's with a 2 cylinder Komatsu engine-a 2D94-2.Googling only gets me a teal blue modern,sleek looking excavator that can literally fit in a pickup box.This rig ''appears'' larger,and the owner insists it will dig 12' which is what I'm looking for app. I'm thinking grey market.Anybody?

Replies14
  1. #1joispoi2013-09-08 12:37

    When the owner says it will dig 12', does he mean that it will dig 4.3'? The pc 02 is a half ton machine. The only reason I could see getting one is if you have to pass through a door to get to where you're working. I don't know of a Komatsu under 5 tons that will dig 12' deep. The pc02 is certainly not up to that task. Your best bet is to get the info off the id plate and see what the dealer says.

  2. #2tuney4432013-09-08 12:50

    joispoi---apparently you didn't read my post thoroughly.I'm NOT looking for that one you and I googled,that 4.3' toy.I'm also thinking it is in the 4-5 ton class from the sketchy no reference to anything else pics he's sent me.I'm simply looking for any info on an older[apparently,because it does say PC02] PC02.Either there is a newer/older version and/or this might be a gray market rig.I know about placarding info and unfortunately all he has is the engine placard AND he his quite a hike away from me.

  3. #3joispoi2013-09-08 13:25

    I understood perfectly. I thought I was making interesting conversation....:beatsme Whatever it is, it's not a pc02. Does the owner have any parts receipts for it? Maybe he has a parts guy that is familiar with it....

  4. #4tuney4432013-09-08 14:22

    It is a PC02-1.The one doesn't appear on his pic or any other pic I've come across so far on the net.It appears to be an early 80's rig,has steel tracks,and definitely does NOT resemble it's newer version at all.Like night and day and I can't find any specs on this older one at all.Heading over to Ebay now.joispoi,you ever try dealing with an already irrational woman during her ummm time of month?Well,that's how I feel when I try getting questions answered from this ole country boy.I'm dead serious.

  5. #5tuney4432013-09-08 15:19

    Finally I found some stuff on this from one that was sold on Ebay: You are bidding on a Komatsu PC02 Mini Excavator. It is powered by a 2cyl 20HP Liquid Cooled Yanmar Diesel Engine. It starts easily and runs great. It also has glow plugs for cold weather starts. This machine is about 6500lbs so it is a pretty good sized machine that will do quite a bit of work but still easy to transport and get into tight places with. It Has steel tracks that are in decent shape. It also has the offset boom that goes over 45 degrees in the either direction. It has a 57.5 inch push blade on the front. Has a 16 inch bucket with new teeth. Machine runs and operates well. Machine has been sandblasted and repainted. Has a cab on it and all the glass is there and in good shape. Has a sunroof and side glass slides open as well as the door locks open . You will not be dissapointed if you purchased this machine. Perfect for the farm, get a nice size machine without spending a lot of money. A machine this size new is nearly $50,000. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pLJ-sbvbcBQ

  6. #6joispoi2013-09-08 17:22

    Can a regular equipment mechanic service that thing or do you need to call in a paleontologist?

  7. #7clintm2013-09-08 17:37

    you will have to go down by the river to that big boat to get your parts.i think the parts guy name is naoh be patient he is kinda old and don't step on his beard and the guy in shipping is marty macfly

  8. #8tuney4432013-09-08 18:05

    This paleontologist will simply change his JD hat for a Komatsu one----If I buy it--haven't seen her yet.

  9. #9tuney4432013-09-08 18:12

    80's machine parts are not that hard to come by,I still get JD parts for my 450D easily.Noah[fixed it for ya] and Marty won't be needed.

  10. #10tuney4432013-09-08 18:19

    80's machine parts are not that hard to come by,I still get JD parts for my 450D easily.Noah[fixed it for ya] and Marty won't be needed.

  11. #11clintm2013-09-08 21:05

    I have a 69' DM mack and 79' R truck's that I can go across street to mack dealer and get parts for --but we have seen these all over the country before

  12. #12Truck 5052013-09-08 21:13

    How about 80's grey market machine parts. How easy are they to come by.

  13. #13John C.2013-09-09 01:06

    If you can get a part number for what you might need you can probably get a part for this thing. The kicker is that you have to have the original parts book to get a part number. It will be written in Japanese but will have regular numbers for the part. If you don't have a book, your chances of finding a part are pretty small.

  14. #1421122013-09-09 23:55

    ^^^what he said.