Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc120-6 throttle control issue

Dlafoe ยท 2013-09-17 16:52

Just changed linkage shock between governor motor and throttle lever. Ran great for two days, then couldn't shut it off. Been having to shut down by hand. If I adjust so I can shut off with the key switch, then it won't throttle up, likewise when I adjust to get full throttle then it won't shut off. There's got to be a happy medium. Anyone have any insight or know how to tune this machine? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1John C.2013-09-18 21:48

    I don't have a 120 book but as I recall there was some kind of throttle calibration done through the monitor panel. I'll check for it in one of my PC200 books.

  2. #2John C.2013-09-18 22:25

    I did have a book and there is a procedure that doesn't involve the monitor panel. I'm going to assume you hooked the rod back into the same hole on the throttle lever on the fuel pump as it was in before. Basically you disconnect the rod from the throttle lever. Turn the key on, the mode switch in HO, auto decel function off and fuel control dial to full throttle. Now adjust the rod to fit in the throttle lever and hook it up. Once you done with this you adjust the rod back 2.5 turns and lock everything up. Now turn the fuel dial back to idle and start the engine. Turn the key off now and the engine should shut down. A warning in the book is about moving the lever on the control motor. If you have to move it, do so very slowly as it can generate a current and cause a problem in the computer. Good Luck!

  3. #3Dlafoe2013-09-19 07:12

    John C.- thank you, that makes perfect sense to me that's how you tune it. I'll try it next chance I get. About the modes, what are they all? I don't have any book for the machine, I always just assumed that HO was high output, but GO, FO and the others?

  4. #4rankothge2013-09-19 11:44

    this is pc200-6 governor motor lever adjustment you follow this good luck amalka

  5. #5jey_c2013-09-20 13:36

    Hi rankothge, As you can see on the picture you post, the monitor has the water temperature and fuel level on top of each other. And it has two connectors on the back. Is it possible to send us the chart that describe each pin on these connector. In fact, there are also another type of monitor on which water temperature and fuel level are side by side. that's why I am asking because I thing they are different. thanks alot

  6. #6Nick Hawtin2014-07-17 04:44

    I am having issues with the same problem.. I am trying to work out how to calibrate the potentiometer to the throttle open-shut etc...can anyone help as out excavator is stranded

  7. #7Dlafoe2014-07-17 05:17

    To get moving again... You might just try attaching a short bungee cord to help give the shock absorber in the linkage a little extra support. It won't help calibrate but it should get you up and running again. At least they give you some handy spots to hook to. As far as the linkage adjustment, did you already replace that shock or need to? If so what did you use for parts?

  8. #8Nick Hawtin2014-07-17 05:26

    The problem was that the bearings in the electric throttle drive where seized. So we had to remove the shaft etc and so forth.. So now the potentiometer is out of sequesnce with the throttle. It wont shut down or give full throttle.. I need to know how to set it up correctly or calibrate it to the computer etc... its a pc 120-6 any manual specs etc would be awesome..I need help as the machine is stuck on site