Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC120-6E Final Drive Oil Plug

Gyroman200 ยท 2018-12-05 19:12

Hi all, I lined up the oil plugs directly over each other on both sides and the plugs on the right side came out fine with a 10 mm allen wrench. When I went to the left side the socket was already slightly wallowed out on the drain plug and I finished rounding it out trying to loosen it. I discovered a regular 1/2" pipe plug seems to screw in ok, but I bet its supposed to be a metric threaded plug. Also the pipe plug doesn't screw in flush like the socket head plugs. Does anybody know the correct size of the original plug so I can order a replacement?

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2018-12-05 19:40

    Just put the old one back in and note the position of the level plug on the right side. Turn the left side so one of the less wallowed out plugs is in the same spot and check you level there. Basically the level is at about half full or a little more.

  2. #2Gyroman2002018-12-05 22:01

    Good suggestion if I had 3 plugs per side. But this model just has 2, the drain and the other a little above halfway. As for using the old plug, I had to weld in an old allen wrench in order to get it out, so its pretty much done.