Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc130 -6 hydraulic oil recommendation

rankothge ยท 2014-02-11 06:11

we are most used HD68 as a hydraulic oil for heavy machinery. how is HD68 for komatsu excavator. what is the hydraulic oil recommendation for komatsu pc130-6. i have heard that SAE 15W-40 engine oil use as a hydraulic oil for komatsu -5,-6 excavators. is it possible? thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1tctractors2014-02-11 13:56

    S.A.E.10 oil is the standard spec for this little swinger. tctractors

  2. #2John C.2014-02-11 19:41

    We used to always use AW46 oil in this area but we don't get sustained temperatures above 85 degrees F. The AW68 oil should work fine in a hot climate. One place that I worked in the past used 15W-40 in the hydraulics and I never saw any problems except the extra cost of the oil. Now days unless a manufacturer specifies it, I won't pay the extra cost of using an engine oil in the hydraulic system.

  3. #3rankothge2014-02-13 11:42

    But is it good solution for litle worn hydraulic system?

  4. #4treemuncher2014-02-26 15:16

    The hydraulic shops that I have talked with told me that while engine oil is suitable and ok to use in the hydraulic system, a true hydraulic oil is actually better for the system with additional anti-foaming properties and some other additives. The engine oil is convenient to carry just one type of oil but after checking into this, I've swapped over to AW46 on my systems. I also run a filtration cart on all of my systems to keep things extra clean down to the 2-4 micron range. The AW68 should be fine but just a bit higher viscosity. In a hot environment, this should not make much difference.

  5. #5JIM VILARDI2014-02-28 12:13

    Yes, SAE 10W is the recommended oil. BUT use a 10W hydraulic oil for the wear protection.....and no K-MART specials!!