Picked up a PC15mr-1 from an auction that apparently someone had spend a lot of money on with poor results - there is about 4500hrs. on the machine. When I bought it a month ago the bucket would not curl correctly and there were a couple of massive hydraulic leaks, not charging and other small items. The guy that was onsite that helped us load the machine said "the previous owner spent about $8000 Canadian on the the machine and gave up on it". I have found and repaired the worst of the oil leaks - with investigation found a two hydraulic lines on the main block were swapped - when I reversed them - YAY - bucket curls and all other functions working. I have served most of the filters and oil change - the engine runs excellent - no issues. The issues I am having after working the machine a couple of weeks are: 1. the track power is very weak - it will not turn well - I have to work it. It also lacks power for track movement up hills or pushing power (with blade) 2. when I lift the machine and use the function to move the tracks closer together (it has adjustable width) - when I then work the machine the width creeps out again - so there is something wrong - it will not hold the narrow width... wondering if once again there is a hydraulic line mis-installed. I am guessing someone rebuilt the hydraulics and did a poor job re-installing .... I do have a couple of manual that I have downloaded off the internet - but any help appreciated... Best Regards, Dan Muskoka - Ontario Canada
No replies yet.