Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Pc160-7 iso to sae pattern diagram

MapleGrove · 2022-07-15 06:08

I’m using a friends Pc160-7 and it’s set on iso pattern. My brain is programmed for sae and was able to dig out stumps slowly but can’t grade. Does anyone have a diagram of what pilot hoses to swap on the pilot manifold to change patterns? Machine does not have a pattern selector lever as it was an option on that era machine. Thank you in advance.

Replies7
  1. #1Columbo2022-07-15 07:43

    I’m not sure how helpful your local dealer is but on my older Cat excavator the dealer was able to send me a diagram that made switching the hoses at the bulkhead fittings easy. Might be worth a try?

  2. #2John C.2022-07-15 09:54

    I would wonder how you feel you should go mucking about with the controls of a machine that was loaned to you?

  3. #3MapleGrove2022-07-15 12:12

    I have full consent from the machines owner to change hoses, they are quick coupler lines. I wouldn’t touch hoses without his permission. And I’m also paying hourly for machine use, not a loaner. I called a local dealer yesterday but they were having trouble getting the diagram to download.

  4. #4John C.2022-07-15 13:42

    I don't think I've ever seen a diagram of the pilot hoses other than the parts manual which doesn't tell you which is which on a Komatsu. The quick couplers are usually on the wrong side of the pilot manifold for changing on the older models so be careful. You can end up in a mixed up mess if you aren't careful.

  5. #5heymccall2022-07-15 13:50

    Doesn't a -7 have a pattern change valve?

  6. #6John C.2022-07-15 14:34

    It may have something in the menu but I don't think Komatsu put the rotary manifolds in. Those were almost always after market stuff that got put on the gray market machines. It's worth a look in the menu. I don't have a video showing how to shift to the diagnostics on those machines yet.

  7. #7uffex2022-07-16 08:59

    Good day Attached may help you get sorted, dash 6 not so different. Kind regards Uffex