Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC160-7 Serial no: K45462

scottish ยท 2018-03-14 11:30

Hi folk, Does anyone know much about Komtraks / Komatsu diagnostics? The machine is beeping at me AFTER I shut it down... I think it may be something to do with the communication with the Komtraks system? See attached photos of the error screen. Also when the key is shut off, the screen stays live from some time, and the air con stays on??? Also attached the only electrical fault I can find in the machine fault diagnostic system - this mappened much earlier in the machine's life, it has now done 5050 hours or so. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2018-03-14 16:29

    For some reason the master switch is not dropping out after you shut off the key. I haven't worked on Dash 7 machines so don't know the usual culprits but on the older machines it is usually caused by a short in the key circuit or a blown diode somewhere in the wiring that keeps the master disconnect closed. Has anything been added to the machine? Maybe and extra blower fan, radio or radio speaker? Has anything been repaired lately?

  2. #2scottish2018-03-15 03:53

    Thanks John, I will have a look into this, but it seems weird tot me that the machine flashes and beeps at me for about 10 minutes after the key is switched off, then suddenly goes quiet and the panel goes blank as normal?? The it starts up fine the next morning and operates with no warnings or buzzers all day, 'till it's switched off again... Cheers

  3. #3Vetech632018-03-15 07:11

    Not sure about your machine, but I have other Komatsu excavators that delay shutoff when the key is switched off, The engine will die immediately, but the panel will stay on for a few seconds until it switches off. I'm wondering if the beeping is your oil pressure alarm going off when you shut the key off and the engine dies......while your panel/monitoring system is still active. Just a thought!

  4. #4John C.2018-03-15 11:08

    That sounds weird to me also. The usual problem is that the system won't shut off at all. That EOE notation indicates that there are fault codes in the system. Do you know how to view them on the monitor panel?