hi all I'm new to this forum ill start by introducing my self, I'm a drainer and have recently purchased a pc18mr. ive been having troubles with the hydraulics lately and would like to know if the boom needs to be extended all the way out or at 90 degree, also does the circle indicator and which ever position the boom need to be should the fluid bin in the middle or top ? usually when I would park it at the yard every day the level would always stay in the middle at boom at 90 but lately it is showing middle then by morning showing nothing then after use and back show right level. the machine is always stored same way some position
All Komatsu excavators as far as I know check the oil with the stick extended all the way out, bucket fully open and boom down so the weight of all is on the ground. I suspect your machine doesn't have to carry a lot of oil so the difference in level between cold oil and warm oil is substantial.
Something tells me there is a sequence and separate position...
John c thank you I checked the oI'll level and it does turn out to be just under the red circle. Dk88 when I park it, it's half but then when I wake up in the morning it's under. But this has only recently started to happen before I would park it and it wouldn't change
Hi raff what made you choose the Komatsu ,I've been looking at the pc18 myself,but I don't see too many on work sites they seem very expensive. Regards