Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc200-5 counterweight

davecampbell · 2020-02-13 15:05

Any idea how much it weighs? I scared myself bringing it down with my skid steer. Almost tipped forward with it right after I cleared the rails. Had to lower it FAST! I'm hanging 5 gal pails of water off the back in an attempt to reinstall it I'd like to get some lifting eyes for the future. Anyone know what thread size it takes to screw lifting eyes into the top of the weight?

Replies13
  1. #1Bls repair2020-02-13 17:19

    How did you take it off?

  2. #2davecampbell2020-02-13 17:57

    I used the forks on my skid steer. But it was heavier than I realized. When I eased back it almost tipped me over forwards. I was forced to let it down real fast. I didnt hurt anything, but I want to make some lifting eyes to use for any future removal. Just too sketchy with the skid steer.

  3. #3Bls repair2020-02-13 18:40

    Make a dirt ,stone ramp to the back of the machine a couple inches below where counter weight has to be set it down on boards and slide forks outfrom under counter weight. That way you only have to pick it a few inches and move a few inches to set it.

  4. #4davecampbell2020-02-13 19:48

    That is a good idea. I just thought that since I have a 150 and a 200 that if I had lifting rings I could use one to pull the other when I needed to. It really strained my poor skid steer. I had to rev the motor up to get the hydraulics to lift it. I've searched the internet and can't find a weight on that thing. Sure felt heavy. I hung 3 5 gal pails of water off of the back of the skid steer so that I could get it hoisted back into position.

  5. #5Bls repair2020-02-13 20:28

    Something like this try McMaster-Carr

  6. #6davecampbell2020-02-13 20:55

    Yes, but I need to know what size thread and pitch to make sure they will screw into the bosses provided. I'm assuming it will be metric on a komatsu.

  7. #7Bls repair2020-02-13 21:09

    Can you measure holes?

  8. #8davecampbell2020-02-13 21:11

    yes but I don't know how to account for the threads, I also don't have any way to measure thread pitch.

  9. #9Bls repair2020-02-13 21:19

    You can buy a thread gauge ( Amazon,hardware store ,Lowe’s)

  10. #10John C.2020-02-15 12:24

    My book for a Dash 6 model shows the weight at 3,280 Kg of 7,216 for counterweight. Why did you have to pull it? I've only ever seen one off when the machine came from the factory.

  11. #11DK882020-02-17 19:54

    41mm heads 3,400kg no spec for bolt size or pitch in book, not even in tooling list.

  12. #12davecampbell2020-02-19 23:02

    Thanks

  13. #13davecampbell2020-02-19 23:06

    I pulled it to fix an oil leak that turned out to be the gasket for the oil return from turbo. 7216 lbs would be a problem alright! my skid steer is rated at 4000 lbs. pretty impressive that it lifted it back into place with 15 gals of water hanging off the back.