i have a pc200-5lc and can't find the d15 diode. Can't hook the r wire on the alternator or or in the master switch jobs in and out and throttle linkage twitches. I've checked all other diodes and can't fine d15 any help would be great. Pc200-5lc 1994 # A62711
I seem to recall that it was in the right side console straight down and a little back from the throttle control dial or key switch. I seem to remember unbolting the seat and tipping it over the travel handles and front kick window and then removing the console side panels to get access to it.
Checked all of those and never found d15 got all the way to d14 and they stopped. Have u ever found any out side of the cab or engine compartment?
My PC300-5 book does not show a D15. Instead it shows the D10 diode is paralleled with the D14 diode which is in the circuit with the start switch from the computer. How are you checking whether on not the diodes are good?
Multimeter is all I have to check them with
That is how I do it. Using the ohm meter there should be little or no resistance one way and no connection when the leads are reversed. If both those diodes are good I would start looking at the wiring harness for rub throughs or at the individual components that are giving the problem. Does the engine oil pressure alarm light come on when the key is turned on? Is there an after market electrical component added into the system somewhere? I've seen blowers and radios cause lots of issues when plugged into just any hot wire.
No added stuff on the excavator other than the quick attach bucket switch but it's been on there for 20years. I will look over wiring and get back with u thanks for the help. I'm going to double check d10 and d14 also
I also put new starter, new alternator, master disconnect switch, on this excavator
One place I had trouble with over the years was the wiring at the throttle control motor. As I recall it was next to the muffler which would get a hole burned through it which would blow on the wiring harness below it. The insulation would get burned and cracked and then rub against the hanger intermittently.