I have a Komatsu PC200LC-6 that has some wear to say the least(~10800 hours). I would like help fixing the main issue I have with it. I'm new to heavy equipment like this but very mechanically inclined (used to rebuild semi diesel engines for fun). The excavator tracks perfectly straight forward and reverse. The issue I have is you can not move one track independently there for you can't really turn it. Now if you pick it up with the bucket you can then rotate to turn. When I'm in turtle mode every now and then you can slowly rotate one track faster as long as the other one is moving to turn. But that is rare. Need help on where to start. Thanks, Stephen
What happens when you try to turn as far as engine bogging, smoking or drives whining etc? what sort of ground conditions, shoe width etc I have a machine that does similar but I think its less sophisticated than yours and maybe comes with the territory. Mine lugs the engine down but got much better when I loosened the tracks up Im just learning too so hopefully actual experts will chime in...
Well the shoe is 31" wide. Ground doesn't seem to matter it does the same on everything. From dry and wet black dirt, dry and wet clay, or gravel roads. As far as noise nothing unusual the engine bogs to a normal level as if you were moving any hydraulic piece. Nothing whining or any significant bog. Honestly just sounds like it's under load and pumping fluid. Included a photo of the machine where it died.
First off, it looks like the track(s) may be too tight.
Teach me how to loosen them or what's a good procedure?
remove the grease nipple and let some grease out . Same place you put grease in to tighten them
Well that's easy enough. I'm glad they thought of something so simple.
Google is your friend. Lots of videos on how to adjust tracks.
Yup immediately googled it after getting that first comment. And was pleasantly surprised on how easy it was. Would this cause the issue I'm having? I'll be getting this out tomorrow.
It could contribute to it if the track is stretched tight.
Highly unlikely the track tension is causing the issue having worked on a fair few of these, check individual main relief pressures first had heaps with same problem. Also check comp valve seals.
Never said track tension was causing the issue but overly tight tracks take more power and could contribute to the problem.
Do you have a schematic exactly where that's at or what the pressure should be? Some info on testing would help me greatly. Thanks