Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200 pm

wlhequipment · 2020-10-18 22:03

Hey guys, I am about to do a PM on a PC200 for the first time. I’ve never worked on anything this big. I have the book for it too. I’ve done a ton of skids, tractors, pumps, just never a big machine like this. I’m mostly concerned with the hydraulic. I don’t have a flusher, I just always drain the tank, pump, lines, cooler, everything I can get to. My biggest question is, do I need a flusher or can I just do what I normally do? Can I get away with just draining as much as I can? Thanks for any help!

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2020-10-19 01:00

    That's probably the industry standard way to do it. Most only drain the tank.

  2. #2wlhequipment2020-10-19 07:27

    Thank you! Would you also have any recommendations on a fluid transfer pump? I think it would take me all day to get 60 gallons from my truck to the machine using 5 gallon buckets

  3. #3John C.2020-10-19 10:13

    I use a plain old barrel pump used for pumping gas or diesel. I've had to use 5 gallon pails many times in my career. Sometimes it's faster and cleaner.

  4. #4wlhequipment2020-10-21 07:32

    Ok. I guess I could just slip a hose over the end of a barrel pump and do it that way. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.