Good Morning, I am working on a Komatsu PC200LC-6 that started out as a no start. When I went to the unit I found the high pressure fuel pump split in two. Took the pump out and had it rebuilt and the injectors rebuilt at the same time. Reassembled everything and found that the unit runs very well but the throttle motor will not full throttle up the fuel pump. I have adjusted the linkage so that it is tight. However I didn't disassemble any of that to get the pump out. Is this machine supposed to idle up when it senses a increase in pump demand? Any help is appreciated!
do you have any error code on the monitor
None of the buttons on the monitor will work. I suspect the ecm or the monitor has failed. Is there a way to get the throttle motor to rev the engine up to max rpm?
Does the machine have the Cummins engine or the Komatsu engine. As I recall there is a learn function in the engine control function of some of the machines. A serial number would help.
Reset governor motor and adjusted linkage and all came to life.
Good Morning, The Unit is a PC200LC-6L serial number A82104. The strange thing is that when I put the pump back together the unit ran at full RPM. Turns out that after it was shut down for the night it would not go to high idle when it was started in the morning. How does one go about resetting the governor motor. Is there a relearn procedure? Would a relearn procedure be required just because I removed the linkage to remove the pump? Thanks for your help!
The Engine tag is mostly missing but it says S6d102e. Then the bottom of the tag says 5.9 by cummins. So its a komastufied cummins I guess.
I think this will work but not sure for the Cummins engine so let us know good or bad. Put the monitor panel in governor adjustment mode but pressing the time button in the back of the monitor panel plus the right hand travel speed button and the right hand working mode button all at the same time. Hold them for at least 2.5 seconds. Now go back to the pump and check that the throttle lever is touching the high idle stop screw. If it doesn't you will have to adjust the spring rod length. Turn the key off and go back to the throttle lever and release the length stop nuts on each end. Disconnect the rod from the throttle lever on the pump and then put the monitor back in the governor adjustment mode again. Push the throttle lever all the way to the stop and then adjust the rod length at the throttle lever end by turning it until the end will reconnect with the throttle lever. Lock the throttle lever stop nut at that point. Next you want to make the rod push a little into the throttle lever but adjusting the motor end out about 3 turns and then lock that nut. Now shut of the key, wait until the master switch kicks out and then turn the key on and check that the governor is at low idle. If good you can start the machine and see if things work properly. One thing to remember is that you don't get full high idle speed unless the mode is in HO and the machine is travel or power up mode. Good Luck
Sorry for the very delayed response. The customer ended up calling the dealership and they found the ECM fried. I didn't want to make that call without some extensive troubleshooting first!!
Just throwing this out there. Whenever you disconnecting the throttle linkage it is always good practice to unplug the governor motor plugs first. Reason being whenever the governor motor moves (with the machine off) it creates voltage and can back feed to the ecu and hurt it. Just a possibility. I was wondering if the pump split in two then how did you get it rebuilt? They replaced the housing? Never saw one break like that and I've replaced a fair amount of those pumps. ****'s crazy.