Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200LC-7B engine replacement advice

pineman ยท 2011-06-07 17:25

At 4300 hrs. my PC 200 decided to throw a rod thru the side of the block. The engine has not yet been removed to determine the cause. My question is has anyone had success with a re-manufactured/re-built engine from any company other than a Komatsu dealer? Thank you for any advice or suggestions you may offer.

Replies11
  1. #1Directional2011-06-09 00:04

    I'm just in the process of getting a reman 4d95L for my PC75uu-2 right now, hopefully it goes good, the reman carries a 6 month warranty.

  2. #2ktl dig2011-06-09 05:33

    we had pc130/7 engine replacement by komatsu same hr some thing not right at the factory i thing ther was a lot of komatsu done all the one around here as the 130 has 4 cylinder the 200 has the 6 cylinder same engine just 2 more cylinder

  3. #3pineman2011-06-09 16:21

    You're responses are appreciated. I'm very disappointed with Komatsu. An industrial engine, properly serviced and maintained should not throw a rod. I'm considering a reman with a 6mo. warranty for half the cost of the Komatsu reman wirh a 1 yr. warranty. I'm just concerned if there are some things I should watch out for using a vendor other than a Komatsu dealer. I would think a Cummins engine is a Cummins engine.

  4. #4Directional2011-06-09 17:06

    I hear ya. My 4d95l broke a rod too, and took out the camshaft. Komatsu wanted $1400 for it. I bought a whole Rehmann with warranty for 7500.

  5. #5ktl dig2011-06-10 08:03

    komatsu put the new engine under warranty

  6. #6Kit2012-12-05 14:17

    I'm in the same situation, our 4d95l-1 bent a rod and I'm looking at having it rebuilt. Do you have any suggestions for where to look for a used/rebuilt engine? Thanks

  7. #7Swamp rat2012-12-05 20:58

    I replaced the one in my 220-6 a little over 2 months ago. I dont remember the company that i ordered it from - i can get the name tho - it was a surplus military engine. There was a little difference in the motors , but they were minor. I had Komatsu dealer swap them, that way they could set it up correct and they are good about backing there work. The total cost was considerably cheaper than the a dealer motor.

  8. #8Directional2012-12-05 23:20

    I got my 4D95L from these guys http://www.dieselsales.com/ They were good to deal with and the motor runs like a top. It wasn't 100% identical, the injector pump does not have the same shut off, but it still works great. I kept my core too. I figure for the $2500 charge, less what it cost me to ship it back, probably $3-$400, it was worth more to me in parts, injector pump, water pump, injectors,etc.

  9. #9MrKomatsu2012-12-06 07:03

    pineman....give me a lil bit and i will hook you up.....

  10. #10MrKomatsu2012-12-06 07:12

    $7500. ....6 months warrenty..(reman)stock # 5065 312-368-7997...it was avaiable as of 11-30-12..good luck cummins 6BT5.9 or a SAA6D102E-2

  11. #11Swamp rat2012-12-06 20:46

    Pineman - I finally had a couple minutes to find the info i mentioned. Here is who i used and the cost. RF Engine Morrice, MI 800-828-6943 / 517-625-4440 salesman - Matt Kom. PC220LC-6 W/ CM 5.9L SA6D102 There parts # CM6B18LBP New Cummings 6B long Block inline P style pump gear housing w/ warrenty $ 3,985 Freight to Georgia was $ 255, core charge was $300 , but i kept the core since i only had broke rings and engine was still running. They was Very knowledgeable and great to deal with - they sent the engine to my Komatsu dealer and let us inspect it to make sure it was correct before they asked for payment. Good luck