Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC210-6 schematics

Sripola ยท 2010-10-28 13:00

Hi all, Does anyone have any Komatsu PC210-6 schematics or know where i could get hold of the elctrical diagram for this excavator? Cheers

Replies10
  1. #1JeremiahSr2010-10-28 13:17

    I have the schematics put they are on foldouts. Would take too long to scan them all in. Let me know what your looking for maybe i can help you looking at it myself.

  2. #2Sripola2010-10-28 14:11

    Basically we bought this machine to resell and found that the fuel stop solenoid valve was not working. So we wound a new coil for the valve and tested it to make sure it worked. Plugged it in and the fuse blew straight away. The solenoid was getting hot as well. I think there was an electrical problem on this machine which damaged the solenoid in the first place. So what would be great if if you could post the schematics for the connections to the fuel stop solenoid and any other systems that this is connected to. Also any ideas on what culd cause this problem would be appreciated! Cheers

  3. #3JeremiahSr2010-10-28 15:38

    AAHHHHHHH......Thats a K starting serial number machine. The book I have is for the A8000 and up serial numbers. They have a Potentiometer Govenor Motor that is contolled by the Controller. I just worked on a PC150lc-6 ser# Ksumthin but it was the same setup as yours. It had a bad ground wire on mine but it didn't work at all. Usually when them solenoids get hot it's due to a faulty coil. You said you wound a new coil, i've heard of people doing this but this is a 2 stage 24 volt coil. It needs to be replaced, not rewound. The 3 wires are red, white and black. The black is ground. Test it to ground make sure it is a good ground. The red or white (i may have these backwards, you will find out as soon as you turn key on) one is hot as soon as key is on, the other while engine is cranking. The 2 stages of coil are "excite" and "on". So one wire pulls it back the other stays hot...24v...and keeps coil on. They also have to be adjusted properly....if it doesn't click all the way in it will pull too many amps in coil and short it out. Make sure it is going all the way in. Check ground wire on machine harness from black to red then black to white. Black shouldn't touch either of these. If it is then you move on to a wiring problem and worry about where the other end of them wires go. I think if you get a good solenoid and adjust it properly you will be alright. Good luck! Jeremiah Sr.

  4. #4John C.2010-10-28 20:56

    Instead of scanning the fold out pages I've been taking photos of the page with a camera at high resolution and then converting the file to PDF. That usually compresses the file down enough to email and it still makes it good enough to enlarge to be able to trace individual lines. I suppose your machine has the Cummins engine in it. All my books have the Komatsu engines that don't have the shutdown coil. Good Luck!

  5. #5Sripola2010-10-31 00:11

    Hi guys, Thanks for your advice. I will check the wires and I suspect it's a bad wiring job as well. Hope thats the case and it's easy to trace! And yes this has a Cummins engine. And like you say I might just have to get a new one without trying to bodge it! Do you know the circuit that powers the solenoid? What controls the opening and closing of the solenoid? Is it the governor? If anyone has the circuit layout pls let me know Thanks again

  6. #6Sripola2010-10-31 01:15

    Hi Jeremiah, I spoke to the guy who checked the solenoid and he says the machine end of the electrical system is ok. So the solenoid is getting power at ignition on and cranking like you described. The coil that cativates at ignition on (the bigger of teh two) is the one thats not working. So it looks like you were spot on! I know its a bit of a bodge but what he's recommending is to hook up a relay to the solenoid to make it work,. I doubt that this will work, if it doesnt then might have to get a new solenoid! Worth a shot anyways to check if our mechanic is worth the dosh. Also the auto idle on this machine is not working? Do you think it might be related to this fuel sut off solenoid issue? Also are the schematics for the rest of the machine simmilar between the A8000 and Kxxxxx series? If so i would be grateful if you could email them. I just need the auto idle circuit in case this turns out to be a new issue. I will post the relay solution if it does work! Thanks again guys for all your advice.

  7. #7jey_c2010-10-31 02:53

    i have also a PC210LC-6, is it possible to send me the section in the shop manual related to error code and diagnose technique using the minitor. thanks

  8. #8MrKomatsu2010-11-02 19:52

    end me your e-mail and i will send you the repair manual....wiring drawinds........

  9. #9jey_c2010-11-03 07:22

    Thanks EDWARD, it will be very nice to send it to me at: [email protected] regards

  10. #10Isuru2013-07-15 21:54

    Mr Komatsu i need repair Manual of PC 210 -6 K30120 !!! can u help me pls??here is my email [email protected] !!