Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC210 Lc-10 oil pressure sensor

itsall*****junk ยท 2026-08-30 15:24

I have an issue with the oil pressure sensor in the monitor reading OFF. I replaced the sensor but didnt change anything. This is a 1 wire sensor located on front of the engine right above the harmonic balancer. The sensor was only 10 bucks from my cummins dealer so its oem and not Amazon. I unplugged the sensor from harness and turned machine on and still nothing. No even an error fault code generated while unplugged. Its gotta be a short to ground somewhere. All my loom on harness looks good and cant see where its rubbed through anywhere. Has anybody seen this yet .

Replies8
  1. #1Simon C2026-08-30 16:09

    Need to trace that wiring from sensor back to computer, and load test it with a bulb, like 2 or 5 amp and see if it is going to ground. It might also be open, or shorting to something else. Might have to run a new wire if that is the case, or repair a joiner plug or whatever else is the deficiency. Do you have a schematic for it to post. Simon C

  2. #2itsall*****junk2026-08-30 17:08

    Not yet. Was gonna try and get one tomorrow. I think the machine might be in berate because of it. Turbo only goes to 90k at best, boost is highest at 27 or 28 psi and rpms only goes to 1850 under hardest load.

  3. #3Simon C2026-08-30 18:37

    I have Dash 8 schematics, but not dash 10. I was able to help another poster with a Dash 8 and he checked all the ground connections, which there was a lot of, and blew the water and oil out of others. He said it removed all the codes from his machine, and the machine worked flawless. Post your serial number and I will see if I could get a schematic for it. Simon C

  4. #4Marcrus2026-08-31 07:26

    If it's not fault coding from what I remember it's just a switch, now a pressure sensor, I believe off is correct when running

  5. #5itsall*****junk2026-08-31 14:31

    So u cant monitor the oil pressure in the monitor? Out of all things to monitor u cant monitor oil pressure. Damn

  6. #6itsall*****junk2026-08-31 15:26

    I just verified on another machine that this is correct showing OFF. Guess a manual guage to read oil pressure. That's crazy. Thanks for the info.

  7. #7Simon C2026-08-31 17:43

    Ther should be a spare plug somewhere in the straight main oil gallery that runs from one end of the block to the other. It is the best location to install a gauge. Trick to remove a main oil gallery plug is to get hot with a torch for 3 seconds and then remove immediately. A tiny bit of redness gets them out with zero effort instead of stripping the head. Simon C

  8. #8Marcrus2026-08-31 21:59

    Yeah that's it, only works as a switch, Simons right too get the plug hot and fit a sender