Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc220lc-3 info needed

Ian E Amor ยท 2020-06-29 12:43

So I recently picked up an older PC220LC-3. It's a 1985. Tag in the cab says the serial is 515139 and another tag on the outside says the serial is 21130. Has a used pump in it and it appears the pump needs a rebuild as the hydraulics are on the more weak side or operating. It's been working well enough until yesterday. Out of nowhere any load at all started to slowly bog the engine until it would stall. if you move the tracks it works after 2 seconds its starts slowing down and bogging the engine and same goes for lifting the boom. Swings without much issue and the crowd and bucket don't seem to have trouble enough to bog it down. I assume its the pump that I already know is going to need a rebuild at some point though I could be wrong. without a loud the engine runs and idles just fine in all range of throttle. I cant't seem to find much info on this machine, much less parts. It's as if it doesn't exist. Anyone have any idea where I can get info or where to find parts? Any help is much appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2020-07-01 12:45

    That machine is 35 years old. You will be lucky to find new parts even at a Komatsu dealer. There are a couple of used parts places. So far the one who does the most advertising is H&R parts; https://www.hrparts.com We have Fraley Tractor out here in Washington; http://fraleytractor.com