My swing machinery case us leaking oil out of fill tube when using excavator. I checked oil level and is ok. But when in use I see level cone come up and then leak out of fill tube.
Swing motor shaft seal or brake piston seals.
Something doesn't sound right in this story. The oil level can't be coming out the top when the machine is running and then be OK when it is shut down. Are you running the machine with no cap on the fill tube? The oil will foam and slosh around which will make it show with no cap on the fill tube.
No cap is on ,looks like it's coming out of dipstick, when I pulled dipstick out oil level was high.When machine is shut down and I check oil level next day it was were it should be minus what leaked out.
I will take picture tomorrow
There is a plate with two bolts in it between the boom cylinders the when removed allow you to look at the grease on the ring gear. Have a look in there to see if there is any oil in there. The factory grease is real sticky and kind of fibers. It forms a channel from the swing machinery pinion gear rotating though it. If the pinion gear seal is leaking it will have oil in that channel. If that is the case the box has to come out to replace the seal. How many hours do you have on the machine?
8300 hrs
Do you know if the swing machinery oil has ever been changed?
Yes recently
Really the biggest problem I've seen happen with swing machinery is that people don't change the oil at factory specified times. The seal is at the very bottom of the case. There will always be an amount of metal grindings that work their way to the bottom and sit on the seal. The metal and oil slurry is a grinding compound that cuts the metal the seal is riding on and also wears on the seal. The only mitigation is to drain the oil before the contamination gets to the critical point of causing that wear. At this point from what has been posted here I would suggest the check on the pinion gear compartment noted above. If there is no indication of leakage through the pinion gear seal. I would remove the swing motor and replace that seal. I would drain and refill the swing gear box again and then try the machine. You can check a parts book for the swing box and see if the swing pinion and drive shaft are all one piece. That's how they used to be and if so it means the gear box has to be dismantled in order to replace the seal.