Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC27R-8 Voltage Regulator – Current Limiter

Rob_D · 2020-11-18 13:05

I'm not getting any charging on the battery and I've pulled the alternator out. When I spin it with my drill I get 24v AC from it so I think it's good. Does anyone know where the rectifier/voltage regulator is on one of these machines?

Replies12
  1. #1John C.2020-11-18 19:51

    Does it have a Yanmar engine? I have a PC20 here with the same problem. The Yanmar engine has the Yanmar electrical system and the rectifier limiter is no longer available. I checked the internet and found a web site advertising one but when I ordered it, the shipping people said it disappeared. I found it advertised on another site with a three month delivery time. I told the machine owner we would have to convert the electrical system over to something else. He elected to just charge up the batteries between times that he was going to run the machine. If you are able to find something, post it up here.

  2. #2LACHAU2020-11-19 21:46

    PC20_PC25_PC27R-8 are installed Yanmar Engine (3TNV...series). Their alternator has been using "EXTERNAL CURRENT LIMITER" (please note that: It's called safety also). The Yanmar part No. is 119802-77200. This is link to buy (Chinese product): https://www.amazon.com/119802-77200-R11EA-Yanmar-Control-Warranty/dp/B07YWX7TH1 https://www.ebay.com/p/1380779878

  3. #3LACHAU2020-11-19 23:33

    Hope to be helpful.

  4. #4John C.2020-11-20 10:03

    Thanks for the link. I'll have to check the PC 20 again to see what kind of harness connectors are installed. I believe I went through that site before and had to get a refund when the part was lost in shipping.

  5. #5heymccall2020-11-20 10:51

    Googling that yanmar part number reveals a plethora of sources. Some even say genuine yanmar.

  6. #6LACHAU2020-11-20 10:54

    All right John, Let me try to buy then send to you.

  7. #7John C.2020-11-20 10:58

    You don't need to go that far for me, but I appreciate the offer. I'll talk it over with the owner of the machine and see what he wants to do at this point. The pandemic has changed his mind on several things lately and he has surprised me know on some of his decisions.

  8. #8Rob_D2020-11-20 21:28

    It has a 3d82 engine which I believe is a crossover to yanamar. I the replacement parts all have yanmar part numbers.

  9. #9Rob_D2020-11-20 21:45

    The more I look at this part the more I think it is not the voltage regulator. It looks like a standard relay to me. I'm expecting to see something more like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D72-Volta...su-PC12R-8-PC15-3-PC20-7-SK04-2-/401900637139

  10. #10John C.2020-11-20 23:33

    It’s a rectifier and a limiter. The two legs coming off the alt put out AC voltage.

  11. #11LACHAU2020-11-22 09:59

    It has many names: regulator, current limiter... It also includes the safety relay, which does not allow the start of the engine when the engine is in operation, and also the charger fault indicator.

  12. #12LACHAU2020-11-22 10:03

    I already said above!!! You may didn't read my post!!!