hey guys was working on this exc and noticed that the battery light was flashing, tested alternator and had 27v. Operator advised me that the hour meter stopped working same time the battery light had appeared. they already changed the batteries. My question---does the machine get its rpm from the alternator? I didn't spend much more time other than testing alternator output as I was swamped to look for a crank sensor or any other means of monitoring engine rpm. Also if anyone had a manual for this machine thatd be even better then I could figure it out myself thanks
Komatsu usually has a speed sensor of the flywheel housing and nothing in the alternator. I don't know what they have on the engine anymore. You should probably check fuses first. I don't have a manual for that unit. There should also be a diode stack somewhere under the covers behind the seat. Good Luck!