I'm looking at a 2013 PC40MR-2. The hour meter doesn't work, the owner estimates 3,000 hours and is asking $17,500 for it. Pictures show the drive sprockets looking good. It has steel tracks w/ bolt on rubber, which I'm not familiar with. The speed switch doesn't work, sounds like it's tied to the hour meter gauge cluster that is in-op. One turn off for me is the lack of foot pedals on track control levers. I'm hoping I could add these. any input and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Does it sound like a decent deal? Any have personal experience with this particular machine? I would be inspecting it in person before purchase. open canopy machine with hydraulic thumb and 2 buckets.
Better pay to have Hydraulic, Final Drives, Engine, and swing motor oil sampled. Don't worry about the cost cause if it has a problem like my friends new Cat 308 you will be up the creek without a paddle. Cat had to change every hose, new pumps, Tracton motors, rebulld every component on the machine on warranty with only 1500 hours on machine. Would of costed close to $100000 if his warranty would of expired. You might loose only $15000 but why take the chance. Hours could be anything without extensive maintenance records to prove otherwise. Hope this helps you make a wise decision. Simon C
The price sounds not too bad. Not knowing the hours would make me a little nervous. I'd work it for awhile and make sure no issues come up. Look slop in the pins and the slew bearing. My Takeuchi with 5k hours is getting some play in these areas. Any used machine is taking a chance, but if it operates well I would buy it.
That was a bust. That thing was apparently imported from China, after they made it half way functional and painted it. I didn't even start it up. 10+k excavator for $15k was too good to true. Live and learn.
Better to do good inspection and walk away, than to beleive every word said and get into a junk pile. There are some great deals out there, but you usually need to be in the know and have connections to get the deal. Simon C