Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC45-1 lost all right hand/side funcions: track and joystick

luv2whelie ยท 2014-10-08 17:54

I have a Komatsu PC45-1 serial number 1xxx, and recently removed the hydraulic boom cylinders to have them repacked. i reinstalled them, started the machine, and after a minute, the whole right side of the machine quit working! I found I was low on hydraulic fluid. I topped off the hydraulic fluid, bled the pump, and still only have my left joystick and track working. any ideas on this one? I have the book and schematic, just still can't figure it out! John

Replies2
  1. #1mikebramel2014-10-08 20:27

    Is there any fluid coming out of the R joystick? or any fluid coming from that pump?

  2. #2luv2whelie2014-10-08 21:37

    I don't know where to bleed the joystick, and don't know where to check for fluid out of pump. i know at least one line from the pump has pressure, or the left hydraulics wouldn't be working. I think the pump has 3 "pumps" all in one. The guy I bought it from is a heavy equipment mechanic, and is supposed to come Saturday to check it out. He knows this machine inside and out and replaced the pump a year ago.