I have here a Komatsu PC45R-8 withe serial number 6010.Machine has 6931 hours on it. That is giving a friend some problem .I went and looked at it for him and the is what I found.Problem with unit is the it lacks break out force on all functions.Boggs engine down . All functions are very slow enclueding tracks. Filters are in good shape fuel and air .Has anyone run it this problem with these machines? THANKS ED
update to problem .Machine gets worse when oil starts to get hot.
I'm not familiar with this machine in particular, but I'd start by verifying that none of the valves are stuck partially open: pattern changer? aux hydraulics? side shift? It could be as simple as the main relief valve being stuck open or with that many hrs, maybe the pump itself. The next step would be to get some gauges and check the pump output when the system is warm: both volumetric flow and pressure.
Well you should check case drain on the pump, that would tell if the pump is wore out. But not everyone has the tooling to measure flow. So make sure the suction screen is not plugged . You could take an oil sample and send it to the lab. They can tell you if there is any extra metal floating around in the hydraulic oil. Control pressure is important to check on the control valve. IF the control pressure is not right, the pump wont be stroked all the way.
try to find out whether it is a hydraulic problem or an engine problem. Test if there is enough fuel coming to the engine. Usually if it is a hydraulic problem you should find some overheating and a pressure drop.
Start it cold and hold for example bucket curl, where it get's hot first is your problem.