Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC60-7 track chain repair

Mike Bohmann ยท 2025-02-05 11:05

I've had problems with track links rusting up when the machine is not used frequently. I've been able to get them loose by oiling them with used ATF and moving the machine around. Lately, I've noticed that all of my track pins are loose, some more than others. The machine only has about 3K hours on it and the rails, pads, sprockets, rollers, etc. are all in good shape yet. No noticeable wear on the OD of the bushings. Does anybody do pins and bushings anymore? Or am I looking at replacing the track chains? A web search shows only the chains, no pin and bushing sets. One aftermarket supplier has ITR sealed and lubed chains for <$1K each.

Replies3
  1. #1Acoals2025-02-05 11:18

    Run them until the adjusters max out, then take a link out and run them some more.

  2. #2Mike Bohmann2025-02-05 12:01

    Run them until the adjusters max out, then take a link out and run them some more. Service guy advised leaving the tracks loose to avoid eating up the sprockets, as track pitch changes with pin/bushing wear.

  3. #3Simon C2025-02-05 12:53

    Carefull operators have done lots of work with half worn out chains and sprockets. Backing up while turning is what usually derails the tracks. I have seen some horrible ones still doing light jobs. Simon C