Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC75-UU1 Boom control stuck

DAVID A DUNCAN ยท 2022-07-27 01:49

I have a pc75uu1 that has a boom control lever that is stiff and does not lift or let the boom down unless it is pulled on with stupid excess force. Then it will very slowly raise. Something else might be related, the travelers bog down the engine to near stalling. Under 2500 hrs on machine. I could really use some help. Thank you David

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2022-07-27 11:37

    Old gray market machine. Does it have manual controls or pilot operated controls?

  2. #2DAVID A DUNCAN2022-07-27 11:55

    Sorry John. I am unsure how to answer, this is really basic, the lever has linkage down below the floor with pushrods. The up/down boom control is stuck. Almost like it is locked.

  3. #3DAVID A DUNCAN2022-07-27 11:57

    I could get the boom to raise but I am afraid of too much muscle and dont want to break or bend anything.

  4. #4John C.2022-07-27 12:43

    Sounds like mechanical linkages. You will have to take the cover under the cab off and look up there to see what might be stopping the control from moving. It could be a frozen bell crank, maybe a lock mechanism or just something stuck up there.

  5. #5DAVID A DUNCAN2022-07-27 16:29

    Thank you John, I will take a look this afternoon.