Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC75U is under powered

dmc99 ยท 2013-08-11 03:37

I bought a used Komatsu PC75U excavator that seems to be very underpowered. It is supposed to have a 4D95L engine but I'm not sure that is what is in it. The engine in it has glow plugs and I don't think that the usual 4D95L has glow plugs. Can anyone confirm that? I'm not sure how to identify the engine that is in it. Can anyone give me a clue about how to identify which engine is in it from casting number or any other way? Another question: Will any other engine (Cummings or ???) be installed in this unit? If I can't solve my engine woes I'll have to part it out. Thanks for any help. DMC99

Replies4
  1. #1Randy882013-08-11 06:05

    There should be a tag on the valve cover to tell you what engine is in it, mine was overhauled and got painted over, we figured out which engine was it by the starter that was on it, there were several different engines put in that machine over the years. How many hours on it, have you done the fuel filters, made sure all the filters have been changed and its getting fuel and it is in fact the engine that's worn out. There can be a host of reasons why its underpowered besides the engine being worn out, before jumping the gun and installing a different engine, first do some checking as to why its not up to full power, also welcome to the forum.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2013-08-11 08:29

    IF you can read the tag or #'s stamped on the injection pump, I can tell you what engine its "supposed to" go on.

  3. #3Directional2013-08-15 01:22

    Here's a pic of my 4D95L before i put it in my PC75 UU2

  4. #4thepumpguysc2013-08-15 21:14

    ONLY a "rookie" would paint over a valve cover/ injection pump or starter name tag!! And don't get me started, on painting a "V" belt PULLEY!!! "LOOKS LIKE" on over haul in a can??? Statement still stands..give me the # off the pump and I'll tell you what engine it goes on. The Name Plate of the injection pump is located just underneath the inj. lines..on the pump body.{under ALL THAT PAINT**