I am looking at buying an older pc75uu that has some issues. I haven't gone to look at it yet but hopefully next week. We are buying this for a farm machine that won't get used that much so buying a machine with some problems is the only chance we have of getting it in budget. The seller says the engine runs great but the hydraulics have gotten slow and jerky. It does have two decent cylinder leaks and he said it needs more hydraulic fluid added before it can be run. I know there are all sorts of problems that could be the causing the slow jerky movements. I am hoping it just low on fluid or maybe a clogged filter/inlet screen, but if it is major like a bad hydraulic pump I want to know how much that would cost to replace. I called my local Komatsu dealer and they seemed to not know much of anything about these grey market machines. I asked them for a cost on a new hydraulic pump and he said $14,000 just for the pump. That seems absolutely crazy for this size machine. I then asked him about rebuilding an existing pump and he said that it would probably cost just as much. Do the pumps really cost that much or was this guy just full of it? Like I said he seemed very confused when I told him it was for a pc75. It seemed like he didn't know anything about smaller machines. Also if the owner ran it low on hydraulic fluid will that definitely ruin the pump?
Your dealer is telling you right on the hydraulic pump cost. I have the same machine and I also priced one and got the same cost for just the pump. I ended up finding a good used one for 5000 and swapped them out. It was a very huge/time consuming job to say the least for a novice mechanic. If I had to do it over again, there is a company that advertises her on HEF that will build a new replacement with warranty that may be a better choice.
What's your budget for a machine purchase and what will you be doing with it? PC75 sounds very small for a farm machine.
About 15k is all we can afford to spend. We currently have a rubber tire backhoe and it does most of what we need I just really prefer an excavator. I want to get a hydraulic thumb to help us clean up brush and trees around our ponds and pastures.
I see. Ya that doesn't leave much wiggle room. I'd buy the biggest machine you can find that seems to operate properly. Most stuff in that price range will end up costing you twice the purchase price if you try to run it much. lol.
JBGASH which advertising company on here are you talking about? Some of my research is saying that there is not aftermarket pumps available for some of these older machines. Also if you don't mind me asking how many hours were on your machine when the pump failed?
Contact Dawn at www.offroadeq.com , I inquired online, part number 21W6022111 with no result but she found a used one at a decent price. Phone: 865.379.7895 I am in no way connected with them just to be clear, but I do buy parts from them frequently.