Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc75uu

MrMars ยท 2015-08-25 05:17

Little rocks keep jamming the tracks and then the hydraulics won't work to run the tracks. What can I do to fix this problem shot of removing the tracks?

Replies4
  1. #1Huntoon2015-08-26 13:38

    Perhaps the spring/tensioner has gone solid from packing conditions. This would prevent the spring from compressing when rocks enter the track elsewhere and would cause your hydraulics to stall.

  2. #2John C.2015-08-26 18:36

    Are you sure it is rocks and not something broken in the final drive?

  3. #3MrMars2015-09-05 08:40

    Yes, I believe that this is the problem as it seems to come and go. It locks up the track and then the stick does nothing. So I use the bucket and the other track to move it and/or load it on the trailer and then it starts working again. Also the track get as *** as a stretched out rubber band, and when it loosens back up it seems to work just fine.

  4. #4MrMars2015-09-05 08:46

    Thank you I will check it out and change/clean out the spring packing to see if that will fix the issue. And I will let you know if that fixed the problem.