bellhousinf was FULL of black oil. Hydraulics are slow and weak. Got the machine this way from auction. Filters in tank look immaculate and clean. I was wondering if the shaft seals on the pump could be gone. Swing motor dipstick tube is not full of oil Any ideas what to loook for? Should I continue to pull the pumps and inspect? How much oil should be in the bell housings acting as a damper?
If it is black it could be engine oil. The likely issue is the front seal on the pump is leaking into the damper case and then getting heated and burned from sloshing in the case. It will have burned out the speed sensor and you will have to change the rear main seal on the engine anyway. Time to go through the pump, check the damper, pull the flywheel and change the rear main seal in the engine. I hope you got the machine for a song.
I got a good deal on it. Machine is very clean This has a speed sensor? Need to find a service manual for this
Have a friend who just had the same problem. It was a seal in the pump.
So I pulled pump and flywheel and the rear main seal on engine is definitely shot. Anyone have a part number? If I have the pump off is there anything I should do to look at the pump with regards to machine being slow? Or could engine be so wore out crank case press killed the rear main seal? Trying to figure out next step. Obviously replace rear main seal ... do I do compression check on engine?
Besides rear main seal did you end up fixing anything else? Was your pump fine? Mines doing the same thing