Hello, these failure codes are described as "summation of MAIN and SUB potentiometer output is not 5V". Does someone know what are MAIN and SUB potentiomer outputs in this case?
I'm assuming your machine is an excavator on wheels? I can only guess from the photo that they are talking about potentiometers. Are your joystick levers electronic instead of hydraulic?
I found out that the Yes, it's wheeled excavator with hydraulic commands, but with electric (potentiometer) control of auxiliary hydraulics.
I found out on the machine that the "main" and "sub" potentiometers are actually one assembly. Meaning, there is actually two potentiometers inside the auxiliary hydraulics command rocker switch. It seems very obvious now, but there is only one potentiometer drawn in the machine electric diagram. Furthermore, the wire from the sub potentiometer doesn't go thru a common connector with the rest of the wires from the stick (like it's also drawn in the electric diagram) but it disappears in the cab harness via connector G73M. This G73M connector can't be found on the electric diagram or in the complete service manual. Can anybody search for this G73M connector within their documentation?
Okay, I'm talking to myself here but whatever... I found the return lines from both potentiometers to controller and they are okay so... I have a faulty controller. Does anybody know do I have to program the new controller or it's an plug-and-play?
The software should be already written, i believe you just have to tell it what it's being installed in so that it can use the correct parameters.
Okay, how do you do that? Via monitor or with some kind of diagnostic tool?
I don't know, with your application. Sometimes it's just simply setting dipswitches, sometimes rotary switches, sometimes reaching a secret squirrel screen in the monitor to change values. Sometimes just plugging it in is all you need. If you have the service manual, it should be clearly layed out as "method for replacing xx controller "
Komatsu is really good about not requiring external service tools aside from Cummins Insite. Of course, Insite only covers engine issues, and not that well.
The big problem here is that the machine is rare in this part of the globe. We only ever see them when they come in gray market. There is little to no support for them.
Thanks... This machine hasn't got any switches. By service manual it seems that it's plug-n-play but I'll have to check about entering the values via monitor. You can never be to sure.