Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu quicktach

toomanymachines ยท 2012-03-13 22:42

I need some advice about my loader quicktach. How do you use it? wa180 '02. Replaced the ripped off hoses. How does it get activated? I found the little toggle switch on the side panel, nothing happened. It feels a little crunchy. Maybe the switch is damaged. Does it activate just off the switch? or do you have to use it and use the lever at the same time? It appears to be a double throw momentary switch. My shop manual has nothing about a quicktach. I cannot get to it from the access panel without alot of hassle. So I thought that it would be best to ask for help, before I make extra work for myself. thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1toomanymachines2012-03-16 20:58

    Well I have dove into it and found a bunch of issues. the switch only works one way so I will need to replace it. the wires that go to the valves were ripped off, so those were replaced. You could hear the valves clicking with the key on and engine off. Still did not work. So I opened up the panel where the cylinder was. It turns out it was welded at each end. So I have one side loose right now. bled the lines some and still nothing. I can get oil out of the line when I have it disconnected, but does not appear to have any pressure. The rest of the hydraulics work fine, how come I would have very little pressure here? Can I adjust the valve?

  2. #2DK882012-03-18 01:31

    Switch off, hold over bucket curl relief. And same to lock.

  3. #3toomanymachines2012-03-18 17:22

    Could you explain that better? my switch is momentary. so do I need to hold the swith and get hydraulic pressre from the bucket curl or just the curl to unhook. I have quick attach on both skidsteers but I do not have the hydraulic pins. Should my hydraulic pin retract with only holding the momentary electrical switch? or is it a combination of two things?

  4. #4toomanymachines2012-03-31 23:57

    Well I have everything worked out. the bucket is off.