Just thought I would post some shots of Komatsu excavators at work on some jobs I have been working on here in England. Hope you enjoy these!!
Impressive rock that 450 picked up! Thanks! Out of curiosity, is the firm switching over to Komatsu ADTs, too?
Awesome pics thanks for sharing!
Someone should tell operator in pic #2 to not dig over side :nono
yeah,awesome pictures.i like the pc600-8
Hi Equipment fan, So you like the PC600-7 eh ?? Ok Here are some more pics of her!!
WOW this is just so beautiful!!!Thanks a lot!
OH!!!! I forgot this one!!! This is a good shot!!
WOW you've got some really nice pics!!!!
thanks nick,very nice!
Drool!!!:jawdrop Nice pics anymore?
do you have move the 450 in pieces when you go to another site
Hi mtb345, No we dont have to move the 450 in pieces, they travel complete, the only thing is you need to apply for a movement order from the Police in this country for the bigger machines. So forward planning is the order of the day!!:drinkup
Looks like some pretty new clean machines
Same here Nice pics Nick!!
I'am surprised there are no parts falling off the machines being Komatsu :lmao Just kidding As for Komatsu ATDs one of the local pits rented couple of them they sent them back and rented Volvos instead, the Komatsu's were junk.
What is the deal with the blue stickers on the equipment? I saw the same logo on the pics of a G series Grader in another thread. Is it a rental house? Contractor? Just wondering. Nice pics, BTW.
Sorry to hijack the thread but can you be more explicit, which trucks and what was wrong?
I can't remember what the main problem with the Komatsu's were but I know the company wasn't happy with them. They are 30 ton capacity trucks and they wouldn't carry their rated load. Anyhow they went to 40 ton capacity Volvos I'am pretty sure they are Volvos. The same pit has used Komatsu dozers they didn't last long either they went back to Cat. They would have rented Cat ADTs but Cat rentals didn't have 40 ton trucks instock with Alberta's oil boom. I looked at one of the Komatsu's they sent back the cabs are sure cheaply constructed the roof was made out of plastic. The cab is huge you don't need it that big. Volvo is first choice when it comes to ATDs, I think they are one of the first to build them. The local gravel mine they use ATDs because they are on slopes that a conventional haul truck can't be on. The mine doesn't want to build roads to haul on so the ATDs do the job. The guys that drive them there work 10 hours a day making one trip after another fast as they can, talk about boring.
The Blue?? Stickers are in fact Purple, and they bear the name of the main Contractor McAlpine who used to be known as Sir Alfred McAlpines. The Grader with a sticker on is in fact an owner operated one but he is nearly always on hire to McAlpines so thats why he has a sticker on it. Hope this explains things..:drinkup
Outstand picks thanks for sharing Nick, You all have a nice day.:usa
Wouldn't carry their rated load? LOL... that's not possible Ford. 90% of ADT's of any color are probably running overloaded with their body extensions and tailgates. If the 30 ton Komatsu's were so bad and couldn't carry their 30 tonnes why didn't they just get 30 ton Volvo's instead of 40's?
More pics from my Komatsu collection :drinkup
Great pics Nick - is the 450 a -7 model? We have a PC450LC-6 running every day... it is an excellent machine, fast, strong, trouble free. We had it on a job with a few 345 Cats and a 365 Cat and I must say everyone was quite impressed by the old 450. Thanks for the pics, J.
I bought a PC150-6 last year and so far have liked it alot. I am not working every day but have used it enough hours to be impressed. Glad I bought it.
komatsu in action HM300 and a PC450-7E0 at work
From this side of the Pond. A PC-75 is up against a lot in New Hampshire.
Nice pictures.All that nice Komatsu equipment makes me look forward to going back to work to operate my 300 lc 7 on monday so i can escape the wifes weekend nagging:falldownlaugh
Great machines! you're one lucky guy!
Im loving these pics :drinkup
We love our -8
Hi I'm a new member and I'm still not allowed to open new threads, I need help could anyone give a link or post a photo of a good detailed side view of a cool CAT or Komatsu dozer ? I need one for my Computer Assisted Design class project, I'd be really grateful for one, there are plenty of pics on this forum but I can't find none that's a side and detailed view. Thank you,
See if this one works.
Welcome to HEF Appolonius! :drinkup You have 3 posts under your belt now so you should be able to start a new thread now, if you like.
That'll push some dirt.
pics new member here got a lot to learn. why not load over the side? been doing some of this part time with 690b never did like loading from the side. absolutely no pro lessons just started doing it.
Welcome to HEF jughead! :drinkup
Here you go Nick! A few of my own pics! Notice the company?) Thats me in the PC1250sp and the HD785 the two shovels were an 800 and a 470 in a quarry in Somerset this spring! On production i could load up to 12,000 ton a day! (when the crushing plant could keep up with me)
You can tip over easier then if the tracks where pointed towards the cut. I wouldn't say it shouldn't be done, but you need to know what you’re doing.
komatsu in action thank you that is the way i have felt when doing that. just no experience
great pics
Main reason for registering her is I need a large excavator in it's longest reach configuration (PC 1800/EX 1900 size) to place 70,000 tonnes of 46 tonne rock armour in the Isle of Man next Summer (2008)-I am looking for contacts/information to help me find one please
G,day Keith. If you logout using the button at the top right of the page and it says "Cookies Cleared" then log back in you should be able to start a new thread asking for the information. Sometimes it takes an hour or two for the board to kickin for you. There is also international machinery sales websites that can help out, and the continent specific ones at least give you some prices. What size rocks will you be placing.
Cheers Squizzy-that's it done now-46tonne rocks. Keith
heyhey I saw many nice pics here........
Any one operating a pc 2000, like to compare notes
I thought it was because of undercarriage wear. face the cut with the idler side of the tracks because the idlers work like shock absorbers during digging... at least thats what they told us at Peter Kiewit Sons...