Hi all. I just purchased a PC55MR-2 through Ritchie Bros. On the listing they listed it as a 2006. I won the auction and after going through all the pics they posted, I looked closely at the VIN plate they posted. Clearly legible it is stamped Manufacture Year 2015. The serial number they posted matches the one stamped on the plate. I am hoping it was a simple mistake on their part because it went from a decent deal to 'stole it'. It looked way to new to be an 2006 with 1747 hrs Anyhow, the Serial # is KMTPC094K38DJ0282. If anyone could offer any of the info thats in the serial it would be appreciated.
Machine on shippers truck.
The machine is gray market. The manufacture date on the tag is likely correct. It appears to have steel tracks which is not common on the Komatsu mini lines. It looks good in the photo. Show us some more when you receive it.
I was going to bid on lot # 813 ( 304.5 Cat) so I'm logged in and watching. Lot 809 (the one I bought) stopped at 22,500. I quickly thought about it and hit bid. 15 secs later... 'sold' for 25,000. 1767 hrs. The only 'downside' is the steel tracks but I'm told I could switch to rubber. I'm super pleased, it was a good deal for an 06 but became a steal when it became a 2015. The 304.5 went for 40k. Other 4 tons all went for over 30k. Mine really would have gone for 45k had it be listed as a 2015. More machine, less hours and not old.
Is it just me or do the rivets on the PIN plate look "tampered with", or is it nothing more than a bit of corrosion/chipped paintwork in those areas.? Very hard to tell from a photo, need eyes on it.
I'm assuming the vin plate is aluminum and we know aluminum and steel aren't good friends.
In the auction (Edmonton) it stated "EPA LABEL IS PRESENT" which I've since learned is mandatory for any machine to enter the US. I'm not certain that removes it from the grey category. I will be doing a complete service once it arrives and will likely visit my local dealer (1.5 hrs away) and get to the bottom of things.