Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu skid steer parts

chieff ยท 2011-01-06 16:30

Anyone know where I can get a komatsu skid steer pilot valve replacement without paying dealer pricing? I can't seem to find any online suppliers. I don't care to pay a reasonable price but the dealer sticker shock markup hurts the wallet.

Replies3
  1. #1xcmark2011-01-06 17:42

    did you ask around to see if its rebuildable?

  2. #2chieff2011-01-06 23:47

    Yes I called the dealer because my parts book shows that the individual components can be replaced inside the valve but the dealer service dept looked in their repair guides and he said that there was't a procedure on rebuilding the unit and they have never rebuilt one before, they simply replace them. The valve is priced at nearly $700 and that is for the part alone. He also said that the valve had to be calibrated and if I did bring it in for a rebuild they could not guarantee the repair.

  3. #3xcmark2011-01-07 12:38

    your dealer sounds like they are parts swapers , and dont like to deal with out side venders. I would try asking a hydrolic rebuilding shop what they think and bypass the dealer , they may have rebuilt something like it off a mini excavator. I know those Kamatsu skids are not all that common.